Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Now on DVD: Summer Wars, FLCL



Hi there, I just wanted to let you know that the fantastic feature film Summer Wars and the mindblowng GAINAX/IG offering FLCL are now out on DVD! I mention this because I actually plan to buy them, a rarity for me as I normally take advantage of my awesome library for anime offerings. While FLCL probably doesn't need my help (this is its third R1 release), but I am ready to plug Summer Wars at every opportunity, as Summer Wars is probably the best anime I have seen in a long time, and has the potential to bring anime back to the mainstream. Sadly, it did not get nominated for an Oscar, but if we all buy a copy, Summer Wars could still become the helping hand the anime industry has been looking for. Funimation has already reported on their blog that Summer Wars has done incredibly well, but why don't we all pitch in to make it do better, okay? And do be sure to watch FLCL by any (legal) means possible, because it is one of those rare shows that is fully realized from beginning to end.
Summer Wars on Amazon.com
FLCL on Amazon.com
Summer Wars on Amazon.ca
FLCL on Amazon.ca
Summer Wars on Rightstuf.com
FLCL on Rightstuf.com

No comments:

Post a Comment